We are looking for a skilled Simulation Engineer capable of applying 1D thermo-fluids simulation tools to the development of our range of motorsport engines. You will be responsible for providing the analysis support and creative input to the challenging task of improving these engines.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
- Development of thermo-fluids simulation tools and models to allow engine performance to be simulated with useful accuracy.
- Exploiting simulations to investigate and develop concepts with performance potential.
- Working with Engine Designers and Development Engineers to contribute towards the design and test methodology decisions.
- Adopting best practice in the implementation of Simulation tools and calculation methods.
- Simulation (&test) results analysis and reporting, further recommendations.
- Quality of engineering solutions
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Excellent first principle engineer.
- Equally confident in hand calculations and complex simulations.
- Previous background in modelling 1D gas dynamics and engine thermodynamic systems, preferably GT Suite.
- Deep understanding of internal combustion engines and their sub systems.
- Creativity in problem solving and inventing new ideas.
- Ability to thrive on technical challenge and time pressure.
- Experience with Star CCM, CD, Converge CFD and GT suite preferable but not essential
- Degree qualified (2:1 minimum) in an appropriate engineering discipline (Mechanical Engineering /Automotive)
Essential Personal Competencies:
- Promotes a diverse culture of collaboration.
- Data driven with high attention to detail.
- Strong analytical tools.
- Executes decisions and delivers results.
- Challenges and develops people to top performance.
- Drives innovation, change and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates undisrupted will to succeed.
- Has excellent proven communication skills.
- Be a good team worker.
- Competitive and self-motivated.
- Have the ability to perform under pressure and manage continuous changing priorities
Deadline: 19th May 2017
How to Apply: Please fill in an M-Sport Ltd application form by clicking here CV's will not be accepted.